Jennifer Finestone, MA, RP, CCC, RDT
Canadian Certified Counsellor
Registered Drama Therapist
Providing bilingual counselling, psychotherapy and facilitation in the Ottawa-Gatineau Area
Specialized counselling and psychotherapy provided with warmth, sensitivity and common sense:
Coping with COVID-19
- COVID-19 has impacted our mental health as well as our physical health. Talking with a professional provides a place for you to cope with the overwhelming emotions and uncertainty created by the pandemic.
Managing life post-diagnosis
- A cancer – or any – diagnosis can throw your life into upheaval and can have long-ranging effects. Therapy sessions can reduce anxiety and other distressing emotions and provide tools to make the changes and challenges more manageable.
Self-care for caregivers
- Carving out a space to focus on your own well-being helps you better support your loved one. After all, it’s not just the patient who deals with an acute or chronic illness.
Helping you through loss
- Losing a loved one can be devastating and the process looks different for everyone. Having a safe, non-judgmental space where you are allowed to grieve for as long as you need to can ultimately help you to find a new way forward.
- Transitions can be overwhelming – whether we have chosen them or not – and talking with a compassionate professional can ground you and help you find a way to move forward.
- So many of us feel like we’re ‘not enough’. Sharing with a therapist can quiet your inner critic, empower you to trust yourself and help you feel your best.
Effective and compassionate facilitation:
- A wide variety of workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your group. Examples include dealing with uncertainty, teambuilding, and making peace with the body you have now.
- Support groups can be created or adapted to meet your needs. Groups can address a variety of topics such as body image, LGBTQ+ issues, empowerment, illness or grief.
- Weekend or one-day retreats can be custom made for a variety of purposes such as bolstering your confidence, corporate team-building, or living with chronic illness.